Since the French Bulldog named Teddy moved in last December our lives have been full of fun times. Each spent with nugget is so unique, fun and can be quite exhausting at the same time. You always will experience something new and also sometimes get to talk to people who you actually would just pass by. And as I know some of you were curious about Teddy here are some fun fact you for sure didn’t know.
1. Teddy, who’s full name is Theodore, is a chocolate blue French Bulldog. This little nugget will be turning one year this September but male French Bulldogs are fully grown around of age of three years. The reason is that the head grows and get bigger until that age. And when he’s grown up he’ll weigh around 12kg, I suppose.
2. Also talking about weight, there is something unique only frenchies can do – change their gravitation force. Once you try to pick Teddy up if he’s not wanting to or he’s scared or simply knows he’ll be taken out for walk even if it’s pouring rain outside, he’ll weigh 10 times hie weight. French Bulldogs are mostly very good-natured and would never get too aggressive and this is their way to show that the don’t want something.
3. We call Teddy, but when the situation is getting a bit severe, aka Teddy did something he shouldn’t do, we will call him Theodore. And if something really big is gone wrong than, it’s his full name and his breeders name as well – Ulf-Theodore. He always knows that he’d been a bad boy then.
4. Walking Teddy might take you a bit longer than expected. If there is something that he want’s to smell, eat or do badly and is not allowed to, than he will lay on the ground and won’t move. Ok he will if you hold a treat in front of him or he sees something interesting. We were first worried that it could be a health condition but after several situations which were always linked to his stubbornness we are quite sure everything is fine here.
5. Food is the greatest thing for Teddy ever. Right now he gets home cooked meals but we want to start feeding him raw very soon. When he sees food there is no time to hold back, well there is. When it’s feeding time Teddy has to make a sit next to his dogBar, which MiaCara surprised us with. Teddy loves it as eating became so much easier and fast, as there is no moving the bowl around the kitchen. And when he’s done his bowl is so clean I could actually eat out of it…
6. Sleeping is another topic which you would be surprised of. Teddy prefers to sleep in the living room. Mostly switching places between our couch and his new cushion Lino, which is his favorite place to fall asleep since he got it. And we are quite happy about it as bulldog tend to spread themselves and take up half of our couch. So we would end with no space to sit on our quite big couch.
7. And while talking about sleeping, once Teddy has fallen asleep the loves to snore. And can adapt the volume of the snoring to the volume of TV. Which means the louder you turn the TV on, the louder Teddy would snore. Which makes me not too sad about that he prefers to sleep on his favorite new cushion in the living room instead sleeping next to us in the bedroom.
I was craving about Wire Baskets by Ferm Living and finally splurged on this one, which was a great investment. Now all toys are in there and Teddy can pick his favorite one to play with.
And if there is anything else you want to know about Teddy, just ask! And he will do his best to answer
*huge thanks to MiaCara for the products!